Monday, December 10, 2007

Why oh why?

Hello friends!


Today was the 2nd annual mink dressing. The mink dressing is when we take all the nasty old dead minks people have given the theatre when aunt Mildred dies and dress them up in little costumes for the season. This year it was Filbert (the crafty mink) dressed as Rudolph and all the other minks as reindeer with a puffer fish Santa. Before you ask- yes this is at my job. We work hard, and we play hard. Also- NO MINKS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS TABLEAU they are all at least 70 years dead and were going to end up as landfill if we didn't find a good (or bad) use for them.


In attendance of the party were my two favorite contract employees. One of them has several teenage daughters and I had directed her to my posting about fused plastic. She always has something thought provoking to say and asked me about posting directions on how to make something I am also selling. Here are my thoughts on that. I have a belief that it isn't helpful to keep a good idea trapped in your mind. The more people who aren't tossing bags into landfill- the better. I wasn't the first person to fuse together some shopping bags and re-use them. Therefore- share the idea.

This speaks to my ideas about good things and good people. I believe the more good you send out into the world, the better things will happen for you. Call it Karma, The Secret, The Gift, Paying it Forward, Religion, whatever. I call it common sense. If you are working hard at being a good person- good things can happen. That is not to say that bad things don't happen to good people, because they do-all the time-they are just a little less terrifying.

I had a wonderful weekend, full of deeply insightful conversations, great crafts and even a few etsy sales. This weekend I am headed to Chicago to see some of the most wonderful people in the world, be a vendor at an artisan market, and hopefully find a little insight into the next adventure in my life. Before the year is up go do something good. It is the reason for the season-that and minky reindeer.


-Katie

1 comment:

LisaBB said...

God Bless Us Every One!!!!!