Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh what to write about?

Here's the skinny. I've not got much to write about. I'm with a great guy, I'm making some cool crafts, and my job has calmed down. So I guess this blog is becoming less a sounding board for my crazy single life, and more like a narrative for how things should/could go..... to be honest I'm not sure what to say more than:


For the first time in a long time I am beginning to feel like I am home. I wouldn't be so bold as to say that he is the only reason I feel DC is a home, but I do think he is a big part of it. More than anything, I think that by giving him a little piece of me, I am giving myself permission to let go of all the other relationships I was holding onto (friends, lovers, jobs, possibilities that can and will never be more than possibilities). I never thought that by giving another person a little piece of me, I'd become more of myself, but I think that is the reality I am living in right now.
I'm beginning to feel like myself again (for the first time since leaving Chicago) and all it took was giving another person a spot in my crazy life. I guess after years of being a Catherinette, I'm finally willing to toss my hat in the ring, and give it a real go.


Who knew?

No comments: