I am starting to feel like I only write blogs after something really big has happened. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it seems to be a trend.
Here is the update (s).
(1) I visited Florida for the holidays! Woohoo. While visiting my folks I also tossed together an impromptu high school reunion. It has been said that I attended the "gayest high school in America" I would like to change that to I attended the "most likely to succeed high school in America". A little back story for those not in the know: My High school was (and still is) an arts magnet school for Orange County, Florida (and a large number of graduates are homosexual). It was a school that you had to audition/interview to get into, however it was free to attend. Pretty sweet deal. When I graduated, I knew we were all pretty talented. Little did I know we were all going to be incredibly successful as well as talented.
around 15 people showed up at the reunion. Among the attendees were Broadway dancers, riggers, master electricians, and singers. One owner of an environmental consulting company/not-for-profit for the entertainment industry and a well known rap/hip hop artist(who was on twitter chatting with other even more well known rap/hip hop artists while hanging out with us). Not in attendance due to scheduling conflicts and births -photographers and musicians who support themselves fully with their art. In addition, after the public festivities we were invited to the home of a grad who was most well known for a boy band and a well planned appearance on Dancing With The Stars... ( I didn't go because it all seemed a little too weird, and contrived). It was a treat to see all those people and realize that either because of or in spite of the education we received at that crazy high school we are all incredibly talented and insanely successful.
(2) I got a (temporary) promotion (sorta). The Director of Costume at my theatre is leaving. While the theatre is searching for a new director, the duties will be split between myself and another woman. It is going to be a HUGE CHALLENGE, but one that will very quickly tell me if I want to be upper management or not. It is something I am looking forward to, but at the same time I have a feeling I am going to be astonished with the amount of time and energy I will be putting into this job. Additionally I will need to move (YES AGAIN), so I can get home from the theatre past midnight during the week.
Side note: I am beginning to hate moving. Almost to the point where I am willing to toss or sell all my possessions in order to be able to do it easily and cheaply. The *near impossible* search for an affordable new apartment has begun, and since I no longer own a car I am looking to move into the District of Colombia. My bi-annual moving is beginning to wear me down, and I am starting to feel a little like one of those theatre gypsies I used to look at with pity and concern.
So there are my updates! Lots of little things, and maybe even a big one. Oh, and since it is New Years week here are my resolutions. This year the list is short.
1. Loose the weight I put on this fall/winter. It is my rule that I CANNOT leave a town till I fit back into the pants I wore into the town, and I'm going to break that rule pretty soon if I don't kick the 10 fat ones I put on. So here it is. I gotta loose 10 pounds during the month of January so I can leave Maryland and move into the District of Colombia.
2. Start paying more attention to my appearance. I *hate* blow drying my hair. It feels like a waste of time and resources, but the reality is- I look much better if I do it. So I'm going to make the attempt to do my hair and at least slap on some mascara everyday. I will also make sure I have at least one pair of jeans without paint or dye stains on them at all times.
3. Find a way to be happy to live in DC. With the economy as it is- I am going to be here for more than a few months, and it is time to start enjoying it. So there.
4. Start dating again. It's time. I've tried to pretend that I am happy with my life and relationships as they are, but in reality I'm lonely. It is now officially time to suck it up, and go out on some dates. EHarmony will once again be getting my $$$$. Jerks.
That's the story on my end. How about you? Any resolutions to share with the class?????