Monday, June 28, 2010

Home, Sweet Nomad....

It's that time again. I find myself standing in a partially packed apartment, there are boxes here and there, some full, some waiting to have my possessions carefully sorted and packed away. Yep. I'm moving again. This time, it's not for a job, it's for love.

Mr. Smartguy and I are making the leap. After almost exactly a year, we are moving in, shacking up, kicking the tires, and taking a test-drive. We aren't doing anything legal, just logistical. It's a big step for two grown-ass people to decided to move in and give it a shot, but somehow I'm not concerned. Maybe that's bravado, and maybe it's foolish to think that in this day and age a girl can meet a guy on the Internet and in about a year they can be living together happily, but here I am prepping for my 7th move in as many years, and I think this is the best move I've ever made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you two and wish you both the best! ~Jenn

Anonymous said...

You know, I was a complete non-believer. BUT- I think I stand as living proof that you CAN meet someone online and have a successful relationship.

Best of luck, and ENJOY the new chapter in your life!

xx,
Ms. Met-my-guy-on-match-and-now-we're-gettin-hitched Cline